Thursday, August 27, 2009

3 nice and very interested visitors from Georgia on the opening of TIFLIS TRANSFER



Dear Sofi, Nino, Shalva, Nino, Mamuka, Archil, Iliko, Natia, Magda, sTia, Koka, Misha, Oleg, Nadia, Nika,
on Monday I went by train from munich to saarbruecken. On my arrival i started at once to hang the show with all our pieces and at 23:00 I went out to look at the town, which was full of street cafes and bars and crowded with many young people. Next day the artist Daniel installed internet access for the exhibition visitors to enable them seeing this blog and the video equipment to show all our videos. They have been edited and looped by Matthias von Tesmar, the director of "spiegel", the munich city videothek.
In the evening the show was complete and I put everywhere the small catalogue "Tiflis Transfer", I had made before. Everything was perfect, except that the people from Kuenstlerhaus didn't allow me to show the 3 films by Natia Arabuli:"Hotel", "Ramsan und seine Brüder" and "Fatimas Erwachen", because they were afraid of violating copy rights. I was unhappy about this and, dear natia: I am so sorry, but i could do nothing!
Yesterday on Wednesday I gave an interview and walked around Saarbruecken, photographed Tbilisi Square, met nice local artists.
The opening was a great success; there were very many people and I talked on the context of "Tbilisi Transfer" with so many interested people the whole evening thru, that i forgot to take pictures.
The last visitors that night were a german professor and her daughters from Georgia, who watched all films with immense interest and read thru all DEEPART magazines.
Now I sit on the train back to munich and will return to Saarbruecken for an artists talk on Tbilisi Transfer on Sunday 27 september 09.
yours patricia

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Patricia, vielen Dank für einen schönen Abend und dieses wunderschöne Foto. Wir wünschen Jhnen viel Erfolg und alles Gute.

    Vielen Dank nochmals.

    The last visitors Zazo, Marina and Eka.

    ReplyDelete